One of the most valuable, and time-saving appliances you have is your dryer. When this appliance isn’t working correctly, it can disrupt you’re whole life. We know, because it happens to us too!
We’ve Got You Covered in the Laundry Room!
Even if your dryer isn’t completely broken, it may still be worth your time to have one of our experience technicians service it. Spikes in energy bills and slow drying time are just two examples of problems that can cost you.
In this post we’ll address some common issues and what you can do to fix them.
How Dryers Work
Dryers have a rotating drum called a tumbler, which circulates heated air and evaporates moisture. The humid air that is produced from this process is pushed out of the dryer and through the venting system. This makes room from dry air to increase the drying process.
Dryer Won’t Run –
- Check to see if it’s unplugged or if a circuit breaker has been tripped.
- Also, check that the door latch is engaging. Check the latch for lint and clean it completely so that the door closes properly.
Dryer isn’t Drying –
- Check the link trap AND the vent on the outside of the house. Clean any clogs or backup immediately.
- Make sure that you’re not overcrowding the dryer. If you’re loading too many clothes the clothes cannot tumble freely and receive heat evenly.
- Check the air circulation around the dryer. The dryer requires a minimum amount of airspace, typically 1″ in front and at least 5″ in back.
Noisy Dryer –
- Check for foreign objects that might be caught in the dryer drum. Use a flashlight to inspect the drum and remove any objects.
- Also, check that the dryer is level. Each leg of the dryer can be adjusted and it should be level front to back and side to side.
Dryer Won’t Heat –
- If you have a gas dryer, check the supply line valve. It must be fully open to operate properly.
- If the dryer’s thermal fuse has blown due to a power surge, the dryer won’t heat. Check your owners manual to see if you can replace these fuses yourself.
Call our Technicians if you notice the following:
If you’ve noticed a problem with your laundry dryer, and are unable to resolve it with the above recommendations, then give us a call. Our dedicated technicians can make sure you get the services you need to get your dryer back into shape.
For expert gas or electric dryer repair service, be sure to call PDQ Repair Services at (360) 719-4810 or schedule an appointment online today.
Dryer Brands We Service